Resident workers - Hours worked
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Eurobodalla Shire's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Eurobodalla Shire depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Eurobodalla Shire Council - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||2,044||15.7||10.8||1,930||15.4||10.4||+114|
|16 hours - 24 hours||1,650||12.7||10.4||1,528||12.2||9.7||+122|
|25 hours - 34 hours||1,970||15.2||10.5||1,742||13.9||9.8||+228|
|35 hours - 39 hours||2,287||17.6||19.1||2,074||16.5||18.2||+213|
|41 hours - 48 hours||855||6.6||9.1||929||7.4||10.0||-74|
|49 hours or more||1,517||11.7||14.9||1,647||13.1||16.4||-130|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by Eurobodalla Shire's resident workers in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 47.9% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 50.0% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 34.9% and 63.1% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of Eurobodalla Shire and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (15.7% compared to 10.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (15.2% compared to 10.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.1% compared to 20.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (11.7% compared to 14.9%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in Eurobodalla Shire increased by 77 people (1.2%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in Eurobodalla Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+228 persons)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+213 persons)
- 49 hours or more (-130 persons)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+122 persons)