Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Eurobodalla Shire's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Eurobodalla Shire depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 and 2021 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Eurobodalla Shire Council - All industries||2021||2016||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2016 - 2021|
|1 hour - 15 hours||2,238||14.8||10.8||2,044||15.7||10.8||+194|
|16 hours - 24 hours||1,898||12.6||10.4||1,650||12.7||10.4||+248|
|25 hours - 34 hours||2,228||14.7||10.0||1,970||15.2||10.5||+258|
|35 hours - 39 hours||2,937||19.4||20.4||2,287||17.6||19.1||+650|
|41 hours - 48 hours||997||6.6||7.4||855||6.6||9.1||+142|
|49 hours or more||1,426||9.4||11.5||1,517||11.7||14.9||-91|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by Eurobodalla Shire's resident workers in 2021 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 48.0% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 49.7% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.3% and 58.0% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of Eurobodalla Shire and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked None (5.9% compared to 9.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (14.8% compared to 10.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (14.7% compared to 10.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.2% compared to 18.7%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in Eurobodalla Shire increased by 1015 people (15.6%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in Eurobodalla Shire between2016 and 2021 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+650 persons)
- None (+333 persons)
- 40 hours (+314 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+258 persons)