City of Glen Eira
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In the City of Glen Eira, the workforce has a higher proportion with tertiary qualifications compared to Victoria.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 – by place of work
Please note – The 2016 Census used a new methodology to “impute” a work location to people who didn’t state their workplace address. As a result, 2016 and 2011 place of work data are not normally comparable. To allow comparison between 2011 and 2016, .id has sourced a 2011 dataset from the ABS which was experimentally imputed using the same methodology. However this dataset is NOT available at the Local Government Area level, and had to be matched using a best fit of work destination zones (DZNs) to the current LGA boundaries. City of Glen Eira is one area for which there is no good match of 2011 DZNs to 2016 LGA boundaries, so there is no reasonable data comparison between 2011 and 2016 for this area. 2011 data has been turned off and is currently unavailable for comparison for the City of Glen Eira.
|Local workers qualifications|
|City of Glen Eira - All industries||2016|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Victoria %|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||15,826||42.6||33.3||25001|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||4,803||12.9||11.5||25002|
|Certificate I and II Level||275||0.7||1.0||25005|
|Certificate III & IV Level||5,031||13.5||18.1||25006|
|Certificate Level, nfd||657||1.8||1.8||25007|
|Inadequately described or not stated||1,034||2.8||2.8||25009|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the City of Glen Eira in 2016 compared to Victoria shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 58.0% of the held educational qualifications, and 25.7% had no qualifications, compared with 47.6% and 31.6% respectively for Victoria.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce in the City of Glen Eira and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degrees (42.6% compared to 33.3%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diplomas (12.9% compared to 11.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with No qualifications (25.7% compared to 31.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Levels (13.5% compared to 18.1%)