41.6% of the resident workers (All industries) in Logan City work 40 or more hours, compared to 43.2% in Queensland.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Logan City's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Logan City depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Logan City Council - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||12,622||9.6||11.0||11,622||9.1||10.4||+1,000|
|16 hours - 24 hours||11,329||8.6||9.4||10,431||8.2||8.8||+898|
|25 hours - 34 hours||15,803||12.0||12.0||14,031||11.0||10.8||+1,772|
|35 hours - 39 hours||30,300||23.0||19.2||27,382||21.5||18.1||+2,918|
|41 hours - 48 hours||12,533||9.5||9.4||13,375||10.5||10.5||-842|
|49 hours or more||18,280||13.9||16.6||19,606||15.4||18.4||-1,326|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by Logan City's resident workers in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 33.3% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 64.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 35.8% and 62.4% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of Logan City and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (9.6% compared to 11.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (23.0% compared to 19.2%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (18.2% compared to 17.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (13.9% compared to 16.6%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in Logan City increased by 2010 people (2.4%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in Logan City between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+2,918 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+1,772 persons)
- 49 hours or more (-1,326 persons)
- 40 hours (+1,260 persons)