Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Logan City's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Logan City depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 and 2021 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Logan - All industries||2021||2016||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2016 - 2021|
|1 hour - 15 hours||15,313||10.1||11.0||12,622||9.6||11.0||+2,691|
|16 hours - 24 hours||13,093||8.6||9.2||11,329||8.6||9.4||+1,764|
|25 hours - 34 hours||18,270||12.0||11.9||15,803||12.0||12.0||+2,467|
|35 hours - 39 hours||36,521||24.1||20.7||30,300||23.0||19.2||+6,221|
|41 hours - 48 hours||12,690||8.4||8.4||12,533||9.5||9.4||+157|
|49 hours or more||17,023||11.2||13.7||18,280||13.9||16.6||-1,257|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the Logan City's resident workers in 2021 compared to Queensland shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 37.6% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 60.3% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 39.2% and 59.0% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of the Logan City and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (10.1% compared to 11.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (8.6% compared to 9.2%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (24.1% compared to 20.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (11.2% compared to 13.7%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Logan City increased by 6321 people (7.4%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in the Logan City between2016 and 2021 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+6,221 persons)
- None (+6,161 persons)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+2,691 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+2,467 persons)