Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers technicians and trades workers in Logan City than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Logan City's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||21,528||16.3||14.3||21,619||17.0||14.9||-91||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||14,290||10.8||11.3||12,004||9.4||10.0||+2,286||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||19,727||15.0||13.6||20,927||16.4||14.7||-1,200||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||14,593||11.1||6.9||13,974||11.0||7.3||+619||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||2,418||1.8||1.6||2,588||2.0||1.8||-170||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Logan City in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (21,528 people or 16.3%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (19,727 people or 15.0%)
- Professionals (17,418 people or 13.2%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 58,673 people in total or 44.5% of the resident workers .
In comparison, Queensland employed 14.3% in Technicians and Trades Workers; 13.6% in Clerical and Administrative Workers; and 19.8% in Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers of Logan City and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (11.1% compared to 6.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Labourers (12.9% compared to 10.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Professionals (13.2% compared to 19.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Managers (9.2% compared to 12.1%)
The number of people in the resident workers ] in Logan City increased by 4,643 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Logan City were for those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+2,286 people)
- Professionals (+1,541 people)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-1,200 people)
- Labourers (+871 people)