In Logan City, 16.8% of workers were Professionals, compared to 19.9% in Queensland.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in Logan City will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in Logan City;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Logan City - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||12,102||13.6||14.2||12,034||14.5||14.9||+68|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||10,680||12.0||11.4||8,698||10.5||10.0||+1,982|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||12,238||13.7||13.7||12,179||14.7||14.7||+59|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||6,752||7.6||6.9||6,301||7.6||7.3||+451|
|Inadequately described or not stated||1,509||1.7||1.6||1,526||1.8||1.8||-17|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in Logan City in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (14,929 local workers or 16.8%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (12,238 local workers or 13.7%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (12,102 local workers or 13.6%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 39,269 people in total or 44.1% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, Queensland employed 19.9% as Professionals; 13.7% as Clerical and Administrative Workers and 14.2% as Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in Logan City and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (16.8% compared to 19.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Sales Workers (12.6% compared to 9.7%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Managers (11.1% compared to 12.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (7.6% compared to 6.9%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in Logan City between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+1,982 local workers)
- Professionals (+1,969 local workers)
- Labourers (+759 local workers)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (+451 local workers)