41.2% of the resident workers (All industries) in the Limestone Coast region work 40 or more hours, compared to 37.7% in Victoria.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Limestone Coast region's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Limestone Coast region depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|RDA Limestone Coast Region - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||3,767||12.6||12.8||3,758||12.5||12.0||+9|
|16 hours - 24 hours||2,871||9.6||10.4||2,785||9.2||9.8||+86|
|25 hours - 34 hours||3,727||12.5||13.1||3,301||10.9||11.7||+426|
|35 hours - 39 hours||5,256||17.6||20.6||4,851||16.1||19.8||+405|
|41 hours - 48 hours||2,878||9.6||9.2||3,037||10.1||10.2||-159|
|49 hours or more||5,110||17.1||13.1||5,340||17.7||14.5||-230|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the Limestone Coast region's resident workers in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 34.7% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 58.8% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 36.2% and 58.3% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of the Limestone Coast region and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked None (4.7% compared to 3.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (17.6% compared to 20.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.5% compared to 15.5%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (17.1% compared to 13.1%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Limestone Coast region decreased by 329 people (-0.9%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in the Limestone Coast region between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+426 persons)
- None (-411 persons)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+405 persons)
- 40 hours (-345 persons)