Bathurst Regional Council area
Resident workers - Hours worked
40.8% of the resident workers in Bathurst Regional Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 44.1% in New South Wales.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Bathurst Regional Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Bathurst Regional Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Bathurst Regional Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||2,224||12.2||10.8||2,062||11.8||10.4||+162||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||1,745||9.6||10.4||1,672||9.5||9.7||+73||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||1,954||10.8||10.5||1,787||10.2||9.8||+167||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||3,744||20.6||19.1||3,386||19.3||18.2||+358||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||1,581||8.7||9.1||1,830||10.4||10.0||-249||22007|
|49 hours or more||2,765||15.2||14.9||2,845||16.2||16.4||-80||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Bathurst Regional Council area's resident workers in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 36.6% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 61.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 34.9% and 63.1% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Bathurst Regional Council area and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (20.6% compared to 19.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (12.2% compared to 10.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked None (4.0% compared to 3.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (16.9% compared to 20.0%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Bathurst Regional Council area increased by 218 people (2.0%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Bathurst Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+358 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-249 people)
- 40 hours (+189 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+167 people)