55.1% of the resident workers (All industries) in the Maranoa Regional Council work 40 or more hours, compared to 43.2% in Victoria.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Maranoa Regional Council's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Maranoa Regional Council depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Maranoa Regional Council - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||544||8.5||11.0||486||7.2||10.4||+58|
|16 hours - 24 hours||414||6.5||9.4||417||6.2||8.8||-3|
|25 hours - 34 hours||540||8.5||12.0||549||8.2||10.8||-9|
|35 hours - 39 hours||992||15.6||19.2||875||13.0||18.1||+117|
|41 hours - 48 hours||569||8.9||9.4||585||8.7||10.5||-16|
|49 hours or more||1,906||29.9||16.6||2,250||33.4||18.4||-344|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the Maranoa Regional Council's resident workers in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 23.5% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 70.7% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 32.4% and 62.4% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of the Maranoa Regional Council and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (6.5% compared to 9.4%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (8.5% compared to 12.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (15.6% compared to 19.2%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (29.9% compared to 16.6%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Maranoa Regional Council decreased by 309 people (-5.5%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in the Maranoa Regional Council between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-344 persons)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+117 persons)
- Not stated (-76 persons)
- 40 hours (-66 persons)