Maranoa Regional Council
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In Maranoa Regional Council, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Queensland.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Maranoa Regional Council - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||1,183||16.8||25.1||999||13.9||21.5||+184|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||715||10.1||10.9||580||8.0||9.3||+135|
|Certificate I and II Level||125||1.8||1.3||107||1.5||1.5||+18|
|Certificate III & IV Level||1,791||25.4||23.0||1,583||22.0||21.6||+208|
|Certificate Level, nfd||160||2.3||2.0||125||1.7||1.7||+35|
|Inadequately described or not stated||249||3.5||2.7||287||4.0||3.8||-38|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in Maranoa Regional Council in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 56.3% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 40.1% had no qualifications, compared with 62.3% and 35.0% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of Maranoa Regional Council and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (16.8% compared to 25.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (40.1% compared to 35.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (25.4% compared to 23.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Inadequately described or not stated (3.5% compared to 2.7%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in Maranoa Regional Council between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-696 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+208 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+184 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+135 local workers)