40.2% of the resident workers (All industries) in the Bundaberg Regional Council work 40 or more hours, compared to 43.2% in Victoria.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Bundaberg Regional Council's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Bundaberg Regional Council depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Bundaberg Regional Council - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||3,969||11.7||11.0||3,802||11.2||10.4||+167|
|16 hours - 24 hours||3,318||9.8||9.4||3,116||9.2||8.8||+202|
|25 hours - 34 hours||4,763||14.0||12.0||4,275||12.6||10.8||+488|
|35 hours - 39 hours||6,365||18.7||19.2||6,322||18.6||18.1||+43|
|41 hours - 48 hours||2,998||8.8||9.4||3,126||9.2||10.5||-128|
|49 hours or more||5,715||16.8||16.6||6,231||18.3||18.4||-516|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the Bundaberg Regional Council's resident workers in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 39.0% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 58.9% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 35.8% and 62.4% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of the Bundaberg Regional Council and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (11.7% compared to 11.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (14.0% compared to 12.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.5% compared to 17.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (8.8% compared to 9.4%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Bundaberg Regional Council decreased by 549 people (-2.7%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in the Bundaberg Regional Council between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-516 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+488 persons)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+202 persons)
- None (-200 persons)