Bundaberg Regional Council
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In the Bundaberg Regional Council, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Queensland.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Bundaberg Regional Council - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||5,396||17.2||25.1||4,590||14.7||21.5||+806|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||2,739||8.7||10.9||2,378||7.6||9.3||+361|
|Certificate I and II Level||594||1.9||1.3||681||2.2||1.5||-87|
|Certificate III & IV Level||7,935||25.3||23.0||7,095||22.8||21.6||+840|
|Certificate Level, nfd||677||2.2||2.0||554||1.8||1.7||+123|
|Inadequately described or not stated||953||3.0||2.7||1,266||4.1||3.8||-313|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Bundaberg Regional Council in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 55.3% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 41.6% had no qualifications, compared with 62.3% and 35.0% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the Bundaberg Regional Council and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (17.2% compared to 25.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (41.6% compared to 35.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (25.3% compared to 23.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (8.7% compared to 10.9%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the Bundaberg Regional Council between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-1,525 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+840 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+806 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+361 local workers)