Lithgow City Council
Resident workers - Hours worked
39.0% of the resident workers in Lithgow City Council work 40 or more hours, compared to 44.1% in New South Wales.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Lithgow City Council 's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Lithgow City Council depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Lithgow City Council||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||918||11.8||10.8||948||11.8||10.4||-30||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||841||10.8||10.4||773||9.6||9.7||+68||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||920||11.8||10.5||832||10.3||9.8||+88||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||1,582||20.3||19.1||1,552||19.3||18.2||+30||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||650||8.3||9.1||816||10.1||10.0||-166||22007|
|49 hours or more||1,061||13.6||14.9||1,263||15.7||16.4||-202||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Lithgow City Council 's resident workers in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 38.5% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 59.3% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 34.9% and 63.1% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Lithgow City Council and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (11.8% compared to 10.5%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (20.3% compared to 19.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (17.1% compared to 20.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (13.6% compared to 14.9%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Lithgow City Council decreased by 326 people (6.6%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Lithgow City Council between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-202 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-166 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+88 people)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+68 people)