Lithgow City Council
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (All industries) Technicians and Trades Workers in Lithgow City Council than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Lithgow City Council 's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Lithgow City Council||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||1,358||17.4||12.7||1,423||17.7||13.2||-65|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||1,003||12.9||10.4||957||11.9||9.5||+46|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||1,035||13.3||13.8||1,065||13.2||15.1||-30|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||972||12.5||6.1||1,147||14.2||6.4||-175|
|Inadequately described or not stated||141||1.8||1.8||132||1.6||1.8||+9|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Lithgow City Council in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (1,358 people or 17.4%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (1,035 people or 13.3%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (1,003 people or 12.9%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 3,396 people in total or 43.5% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, New South Wales employed 12.7% in Technicians and Trades Workers; 13.8% in Clerical and Administrative Workers and 10.4% in Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of Lithgow City Council and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Professionals (12.2% compared to 23.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (12.5% compared to 6.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (17.4% compared to 12.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Managers (9.5% compared to 13.5%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in Lithgow City Council decreased by 263 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Lithgow City Council were those employed as:
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-175 persons)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-65 persons)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+46 persons)
- Professionals (-30 persons)