North Sydney Council area
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|North Sydney Council area - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||42,132||58.3||32.6||36,630||53.0||27.9||+5,502|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||8,395||11.6||11.1||8,829||12.8||10.5||-434|
|Certificate I and II Level||406||0.6||1.2||590||0.9||1.4||-184|
|Certificate III & IV Level||5,011||6.9||18.7||5,231||7.6||18.8||-220|
|Certificate Level, nfd||1,199||1.7||2.3||1,159||1.7||1.9||+40|
|Inadequately described or not stated||1,733||2.4||2.9||2,339||3.4||4.5||-606|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in North Sydney Council area in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 79.1% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 18.5% had no qualifications, compared with 65.9% and 31.1% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of North Sydney Council area and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (58.3% compared to 32.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with No qualification (18.5% compared to 31.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (6.9% compared to 18.7%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Certificate I and II Level (0.6% compared to 1.2%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in North Sydney Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+5,502 local workers)
- No qualification (-1,036 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (-434 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (-220 local workers)