Coffs Harbour City
In 2017, the Household services sector accounted for 41.2% of employment in Coffs Harbour City. The importance of this sector has increased over the last 10 years (38.6% in 2007)
Understanding the economic role of Coffs Harbour City provides a framework for understanding what policy responses and investment may be appropriate to support the growth of businesses and maintenance of a vibrant economy in the future.
The charts and table below give a broad overview of the role and function of your economy. It helps answer questions such as:
- How much of the Coffs Harbour City's economy is driven by meeting the local population needs?
- What proportion of jobs in the area are in goods production or selling of products?
- In which broad sectors are the key strengths of the local economy?
- What contribution do business services make in your area and is it growing?
- Is there a presence of local, state and federal government workers in in the area?
Once you have developed a broad picture of your economy, you can then drill down further with all the detail here.
|Coffs Harbour City||2017||2012||2007|
|Agriculture, forestry and fishing||2,321||7.1||1,186||3.8||1,095||3.8||23000||1226.5694|
|Public administration and safety||1,834||5.6||2,046||6.6||1,480||5.1||23500||354.5905|
Source: National Institute of Economic and Industry Research (NIEIR) (opens a new window) ©2016. Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Data are based on a 2015-16 price base for all years. NIEIR-ID data are inflation adjusted each year to allow direct comparison, and annual data releases adjust previous years’ figures to a new base year.Learn more