Coffs Harbour City
In 2018, the Household services sector accounted for 43.9% of employment in Coffs Harbour City. The importance of this sector has increased over the last 10 years (39.1% in 2007)
Understanding the economic role of Coffs Harbour City provides a framework for understanding what policy responses and investment may be appropriate to support the growth of businesses and maintenance of a vibrant economy in the future.
The charts and table below give a broad overview of the role and function of your economy. It helps answer questions such as:
- How much of the Coffs Harbour City's economy is driven by meeting the local population needs?
- What proportion of jobs in the area are in goods production or selling of products?
- In which broad sectors are the key strengths of the local economy?
- What contribution do business services make in your area and is it growing?
- Is there a presence of local, state and federal government workers in in the area?
Once you have developed a broad picture of your economy, you can then drill down further with all the detail here.
|Coffs Harbour City||2018||2013||2008|
|Public administration and safety||2,135||6.2||1,822||5.6||1,578||5.3||23500||556.1601|
|Agriculture, forestry and fishing||1,724||5.0||1,368||4.2||1,131||3.8||23000||592.4905|
Source: National Institute of Economic and Industry Research (NIEIR) (opens a new window) ©2018. Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Data are based on a 2016-17 price base for all years. NIEIR-ID data are inflation adjusted each year to allow direct comparison, and annual data releases adjust previous years’ figures to a new base year.Learn more