Local sales by industry measures the output of local industries that is sold locally. This includes sales to local consumers, businesses and other organisations.
To get the full picture how each industry sector contributes to the regional or state economy, local sales data should be viewed alongside the other industry characteristics in the Industry sector analysis section.
Detailed notes about how the figures are derived can be found in the specific topic notes section.
National Economics (NIEIR) - Modelled series
|Local sales by industry sector|
|Coffs Harbour City - Constant prices||2021/22||2016/17||Change|
|Industry||$m||%||New South Wales||$m||%||New South Wales||2016/17 - 2021/22|
|Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing||255.8||4.4||2.1||181.0||3.9||1.7||+74.8|
|Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||170.5||2.9||2.8||121.2||2.6||3.0||+49.3|
|Accommodation and Food Services||183.0||3.1||2.9||170.6||3.7||2.6||+12.3|
|Transport, Postal and Warehousing||182.3||3.1||4.2||171.2||3.7||4.6||+11.1|
|Information Media and Telecommunications||126.7||2.2||3.3||79.5||1.7||2.4||+47.2|
|Financial and Insurance Services||224.2||3.8||6.6||176.7||3.8||6.5||+47.5|
|Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||577.6||9.8||8.9||395.8||8.5||9.9||+181.8|
|Professional, Scientific and Technical Services||337.6||5.8||10.1||255.0||5.5||9.1||+82.6|
|Administrative and Support Services||222.0||3.8||4.3||168.3||3.6||4.0||+53.7|
|Public Administration and Safety||327.6||5.6||4.1||265.8||5.7||3.8||+61.9|
|Education and Training||302.3||5.2||4.1||261.9||5.6||4.1||+40.4|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||616.2||10.5||6.6||460.1||9.9||5.7||+156.2|
|Arts and Recreation Services||64.5||1.1||1.0||44.0||0.9||0.9||+20.5|
Source: National Institute of Economic and Industry Research (NIEIR) ©2022. ©2023. Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id (informed decisions) NIEIR-ID data are adjusted each year, using updated employment estimates. .id (informed decisions). Data are based on a 2020/21 price base for all years. NIEIR-ID data are inflation adjusted each year to allow direct comparison, and annual data releases adjust previous years’ figures to a new base year.Learn more
An analysis of the local sales by industry sectors in Coffs Harbour City in 2021/22 shows the three largest industries were:
- Construction ($1,315million or 22.4%)
- Health Care and Social Assistance ($616million or 10.5%)
- Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services ($578million or 9.8%)
In combination these three industries accounted for $2,509 million in total or 42.8% of the total local sales by total industry in the Coffs Harbour City.
In comparison, the same 3 industries in New South Wales accounted for 20.3% in Construction; 6.6% in Health Care and Social Assistance and 8.9% in Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services.
The major differences between local sales by industries of Coffs Harbour City and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local sales by Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (5.8% compared to 10.1%)
- A larger percentage of local sales by Health Care and Social Assistance (10.5% compared to 6.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local sales by Financial and Insurance Services (3.8% compared to 6.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local sales by Manufacturing (4.9% compared to 7.4%)
The total local sales by industry in Coffs Harbour City $increased by 1,210 million between 2016/17 and 2021/22.
The largest changes in the local sales by industries between 2016/17 and 2021/22 in Coffs Harbour City were for:
- Construction (+$328 million)
- Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services (+$182 million)
- Health Care and Social Assistance (+$156 million)
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (+$83 million)