RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region
In 2018, the Household services sector accounted for 40.1% of employment in the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region. The importance of this sector has increased over the last 10 years (31.8% in 2007)
Understanding the economic role of the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region provides a framework for understanding what policy responses and investment may be appropriate to support the growth of businesses and maintenance of a vibrant economy in the future.
The charts and table below give a broad overview of the role and function of your economy. It helps answer questions such as:
- How much of the the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region's economy is driven by meeting the local population needs?
- What proportion of jobs in the area are in goods production or selling of products?
- In which broad sectors are the key strengths of the local economy?
- What contribution do business services make in your area and is it growing?
- Is there a presence of local, state and federal government workers in in the area?
Once you have developed a broad picture of your economy, you can then drill down further with all the detail here.
|RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region||2018||2013||2008|
|Agriculture, forestry and fishing||10,572||9.5||9,637||9.0||11,694||11.0||23000||-1121.4043|
|Public administration and safety||5,829||5.2||5,964||5.6||5,953||5.6||23500||-123.8135|
Source: National Institute of Economic and Industry Research (NIEIR) (opens a new window) ©2018. Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Data are based on a 2016-17 price base for all years. NIEIR-ID data are inflation adjusted each year to allow direct comparison, and annual data releases adjust previous years’ figures to a new base year.Learn more