RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
In the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region, 15.4% of workers were Professionals, compared to 19.9% in Queensland.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||11,736||12.8||14.2||12,307||13.4||14.9||-571|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||12,033||13.1||11.4||10,628||11.6||10.0||+1,405|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||11,111||12.1||13.7||11,885||12.9||14.7||-774|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||6,387||7.0||6.9||6,546||7.1||7.3||-159|
|Inadequately described or not stated||1,466||1.6||1.6||1,588||1.7||1.8||-122|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (14,186 local workers or 15.4%)
- Labourers (13,090 local workers or 14.2%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (12,033 local workers or 13.1%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 39,309 people in total or 42.8% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, Queensland employed 19.9% as Professionals; 10.6% as Labourers and 11.4% as Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (15.4% compared to 19.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Labourers (14.2% compared to 10.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (13.1% compared to 11.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (12.1% compared to 13.7%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+1,405 local workers)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-774 local workers)
- Professionals (+647 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-571 local workers)