Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for City of Salisbury's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in City of Salisbury depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 and 2021 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Salisbury - All industries||2021||2016||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2016 - 2021|
|1 hour - 15 hours||7,278||11.4||12.3||6,575||11.5||12.8||+703|
|16 hours - 24 hours||6,722||10.5||11.0||5,364||9.3||10.4||+1,358|
|25 hours - 34 hours||9,048||14.2||13.7||7,681||13.4||13.1||+1,367|
|35 hours - 39 hours||17,483||27.4||22.6||14,967||26.1||20.6||+2,516|
|41 hours - 48 hours||5,312||8.3||8.7||5,207||9.1||9.2||+105|
|49 hours or more||5,363||8.4||11.1||5,537||9.6||13.1||-174|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the City of Salisbury's resident workers in 2021 compared to South Australia shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 39.9% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 58.4% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 41.3% and 57.2% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of the City of Salisbury and South Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked None (3.8% compared to 4.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (11.4% compared to 12.3%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (27.4% compared to 22.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (8.4% compared to 11.1%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the City of Salisbury increased by 2546 people (7.3%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in the City of Salisbury between2016 and 2021 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+2,516 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+1,367 persons)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+1,358 persons)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+703 persons)