City of Wyndham
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
Within the City of Wyndham, the workforce has a similar proportion of Managers and Professionals compared to Victoria.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in City of Wyndham will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in City of Wyndham;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
Please note – The 2016 Census used a new methodology to “impute” a work location to people who didn’t state their workplace address. As a result, 2016 and 2011 place of work data are not normally comparable. To allow comparison between 2011 and 2016, .id has sourced a 2011 dataset from the ABS which was experimentally imputed using the same methodology. To provide this detail, City of Wyndham in 2011 had to be constructed from a best fit of Work Destination Zones (DZNs). While it may not be an exact match to the LGA or region boundary, it is considered close enough to allow some comparison. Users should treat this time series data with caution, however, and not compare directly with 2011 data from any other source.
|Local workers occupations|
|City of Wyndham - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Victoria %||Number||%||Victoria %||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||7,195||11.6||13.1||6,432||13.3||13.8||+763||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||6,879||11.1||10.6||4,333||8.9||9.3||+2,546||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||7,147||11.5||13.3||6,206||12.8||14.4||+941||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||9,987||16.1||5.8||7,340||15.1||6.1||+2,647||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||1,138||1.8||1.7||1,104||2.3||2.2||+34||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the workforce in City of Wyndham in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (9,987 local workers or 16.1%)
- Professionals (9,781 local workers or 15.8%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (7,195 local workers or 11.6%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 26,963 people in total or 43.6% of the local workers .
In comparison, Victoria employed 5.8% as Machinery Operators And Drivers; 23.2% as Professionals; and 13.1% as Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in the City of Wyndham and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (16.1% compared to 5.8%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (15.8% compared to 23.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Managers (10.7% compared to 13.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (11.5% compared to 13.3%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the in the City of Wyndham workforce between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (+2,647 local workers)
- Professionals (+2,613 local workers)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+2,546 local workers)
- Sales Workers (+1,423 local workers)