41.2% of the resident workers (All industries) in Campbelltown City work 40 or more hours, compared to 44.1% in Victoria.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Campbelltown City's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Campbelltown City depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Campbelltown City Council - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||6,449||9.4||10.8||5,594||8.6||10.4||+855|
|16 hours - 24 hours||6,027||8.8||10.4||5,348||8.2||9.7||+679|
|25 hours - 34 hours||7,029||10.2||10.5||6,043||9.3||9.8||+986|
|35 hours - 39 hours||17,418||25.3||19.1||15,947||24.5||18.2||+1,471|
|41 hours - 48 hours||6,210||9.0||9.1||6,448||9.9||10.0||-238|
|49 hours or more||7,717||11.2||14.9||8,015||12.3||16.4||-298|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by Campbelltown City's resident workers in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 31.2% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 66.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 34.9% and 63.1% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of Campbelltown City and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (9.4% compared to 10.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (8.8% compared to 10.4%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (25.3% compared to 19.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (11.2% compared to 14.9%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in Campbelltown City increased by 1800 people (4.1%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in Campbelltown City between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+1,471 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+986 persons)
- 40 hours (+865 persons)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+855 persons)