In Campbelltown City, 18.6% of workers were Professionals, compared to 23.6% in New South Wales.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in Campbelltown City will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in Campbelltown City;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Campbelltown City - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||5,969||12.4||12.7||5,496||12.3||13.2||+473|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||5,601||11.6||10.4||4,931||11.1||9.5||+670|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||6,006||12.5||13.8||6,077||13.6||15.0||-71|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||4,950||10.3||6.1||4,436||10.0||6.4||+514|
|Inadequately described or not stated||918||1.9||1.8||828||1.9||1.8||+90|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in Campbelltown City in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (8,949 local workers or 18.6%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (6,006 local workers or 12.5%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (5,969 local workers or 12.4%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 20,924 people in total or 43.5% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, New South Wales employed 23.6% as Professionals; 13.8% as Clerical and Administrative Workers and 12.7% as Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in Campbelltown City and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (18.6% compared to 23.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (10.3% compared to 6.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Managers (10.1% compared to 13.5%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Labourers (11.5% compared to 8.8%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in Campbelltown City between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Professionals (+847 local workers)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+670 local workers)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (+514 local workers)
- Labourers (+498 local workers)