Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In Campbelltown City, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to New South Wales.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Campbelltown City - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||11,292||23.5||32.6||8,762||19.7||27.9||+2,530|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||5,188||10.8||11.1||4,121||9.2||10.5||+1,067|
|Certificate I and II Level||660||1.4||1.2||710||1.6||1.4||-50|
|Certificate III & IV Level||9,814||20.4||18.7||8,863||19.9||18.8||+951|
|Certificate Level, nfd||1,204||2.5||2.3||881||2.0||1.9||+323|
|Inadequately described or not stated||1,507||3.1||2.9||2,293||5.1||4.5||-786|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in Campbelltown City in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 58.5% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 38.4% had no qualifications, compared with 65.9% and 31.1% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of Campbelltown City and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (23.5% compared to 32.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (38.4% compared to 31.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (20.4% compared to 18.7%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (10.8% compared to 11.1%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in Campbelltown City between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+2,530 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+1,067 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+951 local workers)
- No qualification (-466 local workers)