Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers clerical and administrative workers in Campbelltown City than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Campbelltown City's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||9,577||13.9||12.7||9,668||14.9||13.2||-91||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||7,782||11.3||10.4||6,669||10.3||9.5||+1,113||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||11,106||16.1||13.8||11,766||18.1||15.1||-660||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||8,182||11.9||6.1||7,322||11.3||6.4||+860||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||1,382||2.0||1.8||1,260||1.9||1.8||+122||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Campbelltown City in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (11,106 people or 16.1%)
- Professionals (10,532 people or 15.3%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (9,577 people or 13.9%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 31,215 people in total or 45.3% of the resident workers .
In comparison, New South Wales employed 13.8% in Clerical and Administrative Workers; 23.6% in Professionals; and 12.7% in Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers of Campbelltown City and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (11.9% compared to 6.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Labourers (11.3% compared to 8.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Professionals (15.3% compared to 23.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Managers (8.4% compared to 13.5%)
The number of people in the resident workers ] in Campbelltown City increased by 3,793 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Campbelltown City were for those employed as:
- Professionals (+1,237 people)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+1,113 people)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (+860 people)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-660 people)