RDA Darling Downs and South West Region
In 2018, the Household services sector accounted for 35.1% of employment in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region. The importance of this sector has increased over the last 10 years (29.2% in 2007)
Understanding the economic role of the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region provides a framework for understanding what policy responses and investment may be appropriate to support the growth of businesses and maintenance of a vibrant economy in the future.
The charts and table below give a broad overview of the role and function of your economy. It helps answer questions such as:
- How much of the the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region's economy is driven by meeting the local population needs?
- What proportion of jobs in the area are in goods production or selling of products?
- In which broad sectors are the key strengths of the local economy?
- What contribution do business services make in your area and is it growing?
- Is there a presence of local, state and federal government workers in in the area?
Once you have developed a broad picture of your economy, you can then drill down further with all the detail here.
|RDA Darling Downs and South West Region||2018||2013||2008|
|Agriculture, forestry and fishing||15,722||11.2||14,152||10.5||16,156||12.7||23000||-433.2784|
|Public administration and safety||8,387||6.0||8,234||6.1||8,016||6.3||23500||370.8494|
Source: National Institute of Economic and Industry Research (NIEIR) (opens a new window) ©2018. Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Data are based on a 2016-17 price base for all years. NIEIR-ID data are inflation adjusted each year to allow direct comparison, and annual data releases adjust previous years’ figures to a new base year.Learn more