Wagga Wagga City
Resident workers - Hours worked
43.0% of the resident workers in Wagga Wagga City work 40 or more hours, compared to 44.1% in New South Wales.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Wagga Wagga City's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Wagga Wagga City depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Wagga Wagga City||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||3,195||10.7||10.8||3,170||10.9||10.4||+25||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||2,688||9.0||10.4||2,441||8.4||9.7||+247||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||3,232||10.8||10.5||2,812||9.7||9.8||+420||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||6,333||21.2||19.1||5,804||20.0||18.2||+529||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||2,844||9.5||9.1||3,101||10.7||10.0||-257||22007|
|49 hours or more||4,580||15.3||14.9||4,758||16.4||16.4||-178||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Wagga Wagga City's resident workers in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 34.0% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 64.2% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 34.9% and 63.1% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Wagga Wagga City and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (21.2% compared to 19.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (18.1% compared to 20.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (9.0% compared to 10.4%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Wagga Wagga City increased by 296 people (1.6%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Wagga Wagga City between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+529 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+420 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-257 people)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+247 people)