47.9% of the resident workers (All industries) in Hawkesbury City work 40 or more hours, compared to 44.1% in New South Wales.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Hawkesbury City's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Hawkesbury City depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Hawkesbury City - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||3,318||10.3||10.8||3,157||10.1||10.4||+161|
|16 hours - 24 hours||3,007||9.3||10.4||2,839||9.1||9.7||+168|
|25 hours - 34 hours||3,318||10.3||10.5||3,036||9.7||9.8||+282|
|35 hours - 39 hours||5,606||17.3||19.1||5,204||16.7||18.2||+402|
|41 hours - 48 hours||3,143||9.7||9.1||3,157||10.1||10.0||-14|
|49 hours or more||5,838||18.1||14.9||5,864||18.8||16.4||-26|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by Hawkesbury City's resident workers in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 32.8% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 65.3% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 34.9% and 63.1% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of Hawkesbury City and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (9.3% compared to 10.4%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (17.3% compared to 19.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (9.7% compared to 9.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (18.1% compared to 14.9%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in Hawkesbury City increased by 832 people (4.1%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in Hawkesbury City between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 40 hours (+470 persons)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+402 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+282 persons)
- None (-224 persons)