There are more resident workers (All industries) Technicians and Trades Workers in Hawkesbury City than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Hawkesbury City's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||6,015||18.6||12.7||5,860||18.8||13.2||+155|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||3,261||10.1||10.4||2,982||9.6||9.5||+279|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||4,895||15.1||13.8||4,807||15.4||15.1||+88|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||2,696||8.3||6.1||2,641||8.5||6.4||+55|
|Inadequately described or not stated||571||1.8||1.8||533||1.7||1.8||+38|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Hawkesbury City in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (6,015 people or 18.6%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (4,895 people or 15.1%)
- Professionals (4,781 people or 14.8%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 15,691 people in total or 48.5% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, New South Wales employed 12.7% in Technicians and Trades Workers; 13.8% in Clerical and Administrative Workers and 23.6% in Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of Hawkesbury City and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Professionals (14.8% compared to 23.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (18.6% compared to 12.7%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (8.3% compared to 6.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (15.1% compared to 13.8%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in Hawkesbury City increased by 1,157 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Hawkesbury City were those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+279 persons)
- Managers (+234 persons)
- Labourers (+185 persons)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+155 persons)