In Hawkesbury City, 18.2% of workers were Technicians and Trades Workers, compared to 23.6% in New South Wales.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in Hawkesbury City will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in Hawkesbury City;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Hawkesbury City - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||4,393||18.2||12.7||4,311||18.4||13.2||+82|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||2,638||10.9||10.4||2,491||10.7||9.5||+147|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||3,125||13.0||13.8||3,147||13.5||15.0||-22|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||1,792||7.4||6.1||1,710||7.3||6.4||+82|
|Inadequately described or not stated||447||1.9||1.8||382||1.6||1.8||+65|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in Hawkesbury City in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (4,393 local workers or 18.2%)
- Professionals (3,795 local workers or 15.7%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (3,125 local workers or 13.0%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 11,313 people in total or 46.9% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, New South Wales employed 12.7% as Technicians and Trades Workers; 23.6% as Professionals and 13.8% as Clerical and Administrative Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in Hawkesbury City and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (15.7% compared to 23.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (18.2% compared to 12.7%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Labourers (11.4% compared to 8.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (7.4% compared to 6.1%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in Hawkesbury City between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+147 local workers)
- Labourers (+134 local workers)
- Professionals (+104 local workers)
- Managers (+103 local workers)