City of Mandurah
Resident workers - Hours worked
41.0% of the resident workers in the City of Mandurah work 40 or more hours, compared to 44.6% in Western Australia.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the City of Mandurah's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the City of Mandurah depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Mandurah||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Western Australia%||Number||%||Western Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||4,061||13.1||11.9||3,452||12.4||10.8||+609||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||3,223||10.4||9.9||2,727||9.8||9.2||+496||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||3,650||11.8||10.7||2,983||10.8||9.5||+667||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||5,275||17.0||17.2||4,454||16.1||15.8||+821||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||2,607||8.4||9.5||2,664||9.6||10.9||-57||22007|
|49 hours or more||5,686||18.3||17.3||5,306||19.1||19.6||+380||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the City of Mandurah's resident workers in 2016 compared to Western Australia shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 40.1% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 57.9% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 36.5% and 61.8% respectively for Western Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of the City of Mandurah and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (13.1% compared to 11.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (11.8% compared to 10.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.2% compared to 17.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (8.4% compared to 9.5%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in the City of Mandurah increased by 1,550 people (9.4%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in the City of Mandurah between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+821 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+667 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+609 people)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+496 people)