Exports by industry are sales of goods and services to non-resident households, businesses and other organisations, outside Willoughby City boundaries. Exports (domestic) include all exports from the area to other parts of Australia. Exports (international) includes all exports from the Region to countries outside Australia.
To get the full picture how each industry sector contributes to the regional or state economy, export data should be viewed alongside the other industry characteristics in the Industry sector analysis section.
Detailed notes about how the figures are derived can be found in the specific topic notes section.
National Economics (NIEIR) - Modelled series
|Total exports by industry sector|
|Industry||$m||%||New South Wales||$m||%||New South Wales||2014/15 - 2019/20|
|Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing||10.8||0.1||3.1||18.7||0.2||4.6||-7.9|
|Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||115.9||1.2||2.9||105.7||1.3||2.9||+10.3|
|Accommodation and Food Services||68.0||0.7||2.8||105.4||1.3||2.9||-37.4|
|Transport, Postal and Warehousing||197.1||2.0||8.9||142.0||1.8||8.3||+55.0|
|Information Media and Telecommunications||3,224.5||33.1||6.1||1,926.0||24.1||5.0||+1,298.5|
|Financial and Insurance Services||586.4||6.0||16.1||621.2||7.8||16.1||-34.8|
|Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||275.9||2.8||1.3||190.9||2.4||0.8||+85.0|
|Professional, Scientific and Technical Services||1,199.5||12.3||9.7||1,143.2||14.3||8.3||+56.4|
|Administrative and Support Services||102.8||1.1||2.7||196.2||2.5||3.2||-93.4|
|Public Administration and Safety||32.2||0.3||3.9||49.1||0.6||4.4||-16.9|
|Education and Training||100.2||1.0||3.8||90.2||1.1||3.6||+10.0|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||1,443.1||14.8||3.9||981.8||12.3||3.2||+461.2|
|Arts and Recreation Services||16.4||0.2||1.3||39.4||0.5||1.3||-23.0|
Source: National Institute of Economic and Industry Research (NIEIR) ©2021. Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id (informed decisions). Data are based on a 2018-19 price base for all years. NIEIR-ID data are inflation adjusted each year to allow direct comparison, and annual data releases adjust previous years’ figures to a new base year.Learn morePlease refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the total exports by industry sectors in Willoughby City in 2019/20 shows the three largest industries were:
- Information Media and Telecommunications (3,225 million or 33.1%)
- Health Care and Social Assistance (1,443 million or 14.8%)
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (1,200 million or 12.3%)
In combination these three industries accounted for 5,867 million in total or 60.2% of the total exports by industry in the Willoughby City.
In comparison, the same 3 industries in New South Wales accounted for 6.1% in Information Media and Telecommunications; 3.9% in Health Care and Social Assistance and 9.7% in Professional, Scientific and Technical Services.
The major differences between the total exports by industries of Willoughby City and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of total exports by Information Media and Telecommunications (33.1% compared to 6.1%)
- A larger percentage of total exports by Health Care and Social Assistance (14.8% compared to 3.9%)
- A smaller percentage of total exports by Manufacturing (6.4% compared to 16.6%)
- A smaller percentage of total exports by Financial and Insurance Services (6.0% compared to 16.1%)
The total total exports by industry in Willoughby City $increased by 1,760 million between 2014/15 and 2019/20.
The largest changes in the total exports by industries between 2014/15 and 2019/20 in Willoughby City were for:
- Information Media and Telecommunications (+$1,299 million)
- Health Care and Social Assistance (+$461 million)
- Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services (+$85 million)
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (+$56 million)