In Willoughby City, Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services had the highest local sales, generating $2,854 million in 2018/19.
Local sales by industry measures the output of local industries that is sold locally. This includes sales to local consumers, businesses and other organisations.
To get the full picture how each industry sector contributes to the regional or state economy, local sales data should be viewed alongside the other industry characteristics in the Industry sector analysis section.
Detailed notes about how the figures are derived can be found in the specific topic notes section.
National Economics (NIEIR) - Modelled series
|Local sales by industry sector|
|Willoughby City - Constant prices||2018/19||2013/14||Change|
|Industry||$m||%||New South Wales||$m||%||New South Wales||2013/14 - 2018/19|
|Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing||14.7||0.1||1.3||22.1||0.2||1.7||-7.4|
|Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||388.7||2.9||2.8||418.2||3.4||3.5||-29.5|
|Accommodation and Food Services||379.4||2.9||3.0||247.8||2.0||3.0||+131.6|
|Transport, Postal and Warehousing||389.8||3.0||3.9||377.2||3.1||4.6||+12.6|
|Information Media and Telecommunications||1,018.1||7.7||3.1||811.9||6.7||2.9||+206.1|
|Financial and Insurance Services||1,323.9||10.0||6.6||1,161.9||9.5||6.9||+162.0|
|Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||2,853.6||21.6||19.2||2,253.9||18.5||16.7||+599.8|
|Professional, Scientific and Technical Services||1,581.4||12.0||8.4||1,252.2||10.3||7.6||+329.3|
|Administrative and Support Services||577.8||4.4||3.8||577.1||4.7||4.4||+0.7|
|Public Administration and Safety||363.7||2.8||3.4||350.9||2.9||4.0||+12.8|
|Education and Training||306.3||2.3||3.2||260.0||2.1||3.3||+46.3|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||523.4||4.0||5.4||385.5||3.2||4.7||+137.9|
|Arts and Recreation Services||129.9||1.0||1.0||113.1||0.9||1.0||+16.8|
Source: National Institute of Economic and Industry Research (NIEIR) ©2019. Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id informed decisions NIEIR-ID data are adjusted each year, using updated employment estimates. .id informed decisions. Data are based on a 2016-17 price base for all years. NIEIR-ID data are inflation adjusted each year to allow direct comparison, and annual data releases adjust previous years’ figures to a new base year.Learn more
An analysis of the local sales by industry sectors in Willoughby City in 2018/19 shows the three largest industries were:
- Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services ($2,854million or 21.6%)
- Construction ($1,706million or 12.9%)
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services ($1,581million or 12.0%)
In combination these three industries accounted for $6,141 million in total or 46.5% of the total local sales by total industry in the Willoughby City.
In comparison, the same 3 industries in New South Wales accounted for 19.2% in Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services; 19.7% in Construction and 8.4% in Professional, Scientific and Technical Services.
The major differences between local sales by industries of Willoughby City and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local sales by Construction (12.9% compared to 19.7%)
- A larger percentage of local sales by Information Media and Telecommunications (7.7% compared to 3.1%)
- A larger percentage of local sales by Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (12.0% compared to 8.4%)
- A larger percentage of local sales by Financial and Insurance Services (10.0% compared to 6.6%)
The total local sales by industry in Willoughby City $increased by 1,036 million between 2013/14 and 2018/19.
The largest changes in the local sales by industries between 2013/14 and 2018/19 in Willoughby City were for:
- Construction (-$615 million)
- Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services (+$600 million)
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (+$329 million)
- Information Media and Telecommunications (+$206 million)